 General / 38574
Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:04:47 GMT

fades colour from Red to Orange. Does anyone know of any time before when
Lego have _deliberately_ released a brick with more than one (non printed)
colour on it??

That would be Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix who plays a vital role in the
last part of the story (Harry vs. Tom Riddle).
Ben

Yes, quite correct, that's a phoenix. I read all 4 books only a year ago,
amazing how much I've already forgotten (its name)! I forgot (memory fading
in old age (31 is old if you forget to sleep)), but isn't that the same
phoenix that provided the tail feathers for both Harry's and Voldemort's wands?

Anyway, Lego has made intentional colour blended pieces. The Bionicle sets
that fold up into balls (no idea what they're called, not really into those
but I always buy 1 set from nearly every line just for the sake of
discovering new pieces/ colours). There's a large elliptical curved piece
that is part clear, part brown in the one I got. The colours fade into each
other with a nifty streaking ribbon effect. I was totally disappointed in
the one Slizer and one Robo-rider I bought (I saw no use for any of the
parts) but this Bionicle set was a pleasant surprise. Not only did it have 2
colour piece, but one colour was clear and one wasn't, and the folding into
a ball is reminiscent of the excellent Episode 1 droid kits.

Mark W.