 Harry Potter / 1161
Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely [Now contains GOF spoilers]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:07:13 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Erick Jensen writes:
Crap, wish I hadn't read that.  Ah well it doesn't reveal that much about
the story.  Oh well, my bad, ha ha.

No, not entirely.  Matt *did* warn of a spoiler in the subject header, but if
you glance at the post on the web interface, it's hard to avoid reading it.
The customary thing to do is to place the spoiler well into the post so you
have fair warning (shame on you Matt, you should know better!).

But you're right, there's a lot more to the story than that, so it isn't a
serious spoiler.

Maggie C.

In lugnet.harrypotter, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Erick Jensen writes:
Yes, quite correct, that's a phoenix. I read all 4 books only a year ago,
amazing how much I've already forgotten (its name)! I forgot (memory fading
in old age (31 is old if you forget to sleep)), but isn't that the same
phoenix that provided the tail feathers for both Harry's and Voldemort's
wands?

No, they never mention where the feathers for Harry and Voldemort's wands
come from.  It's just Dumbledore's pet, like Harry has Hegwig and Ron
has/had Scabbers.  If that is revealed in the latter half of Goblet of Fire
then I wouldn't know, that's all the farther I am.

<spoiler snipped>

Matt