 General / 37323
Re: Virus from Dave Koudys?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:02:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rob Doucette writes:
I received an odd e-mail message with nothing more than a *.pif attachment
from dkoudys@*somethingiforget*.ca.  The message (which I deleted from the
server before grabbing my mail down) was sent to the e-mail address I used
*only* on the Super Chief Registry page.

Anyone else receive something similar?

-Rob.

Eeep!!

I have no idea how this virus has my name on it!  My PC's are virus free.
I'm trying to get in contact with Redeemer College (one of my e-mail
providers) to see if they've been hit recently.

As for the pronounciation of my name...

Every teacher I have ever had had the privilege of teaching 43 of my older
cousins, so they knew how to pronounce my name (Cow-Dice!!).

However, when there was a supply teacher, she or he *always* mispronounced
my last name.  Yeah, I'd sit there cringing as the teacher read thru the
list of students.  Then the dreaded 'Dave Cooties' would be uttered.  I'd
glance around, seeing if anyone caught that icky pronounciation ('cause as
every grade schooler knows, everything that isn't labelled 'CP' has the
potential of having cooties!!)

But no one caught it!  Whew!  I was spared for yet another day!!

It was in grade 12 in some science lab, when my fav. teacher, Mr Beamer, was
absent and the supply teacher was going thru the list.  She asked if David
Cooties was here and I raised my hand.  By this time, in high school, I had
almost forgotten the whole cooties thing, and supply teachers could say
whatever they wanted.  So it was with much surprise when my very good friend
(since like I was 4) Paul, sitting beside me, turned to me and said 'Your
last name is 'Cooties'???  Man, all those years of ridicule and
bugging--wasted!!'

Oh well, I thought, smiling...

Officially--Cowdice--Is Dutch and those Dutch people really know how to
throw a last name together.

Unofficially--far too many pronounciations to list here... Coodice, Coodess,
Cowdes, whatever...

Just say, 'Hey LEGO playin' guy!' and I'll probably look over and wave.

Dave Koudys
-pronouce the last name however you want