 General / 37259
    Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Remy Evard
   I'm missing a key piece, perhaps you relate. It's just a small piece, a 1x1 brown plate. My mountains have paths, that could be of wood. My chalets have brown walls, Or - well - they SHOULD! My huge bins of plates, they have no small browns. I dig (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.general) !!

        Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Greg Perry
     I nominate Remy Evard to be LUGNET's Poet Laureate. All in favor - compose a rhyming couplet or a LEGO Limerick! Thanks Remy - I don't think Poe himself could have brought a piece of poetry to such a spine-shivering, horrific end. Greg (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Brian Williams
     I read this post late, by the light of me screen. And wonder aloud, What famine this mean. So I goest to the basement, having the most bricks in town. To locate these plates, the smallest and brown. To my surprise, looking box after box. I find just (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Felix Greco
     Late Sunday morning, my coffee needs being met, I booted the 'puter to read ole Lugnet. But shock overcame me, my face wore a frown for Remy had stolen my poetry crown The verse was well written, pentameter true Good job, Remy! My hats off to you. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Remy Evard
     I realize my response is a little late in coming on this thread. Sorry about that... all of my available Lego time has been sunk until this last weekend on preparing for the NILTC show, and now it's going into recovery and picture gathering. In (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Grant Giandonato
     Very Nice! I actually wrote to Lego about this. I want to give Chewbacca some height... they wrote back and said wookies can get in trouble for heightening. Who knew? :-) -- Grant Giandonato Check out my eBay auctions: (URL) Evard" (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Joseph Williams
     (...) If TLC company wrote me a letter explaining to me how wookies could get in trouble for anything, let alone heightening, I'd be framing that puppy. Great ode too =)) * thinks lego itself is poetry * so it's no chore for me to read poems about (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Rob Hendrix
     You guys are all nuts, That much can be said. I think you have fallen, And bonked your poor head. Brown plates or blue ones, No matter your vice. Are not as important, As a lower bulk price. In the words of Brad Justus, I'll bet you a dime. "Bulk (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.general) !!

         Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Gary Blessing
      Damn......... your good. Gary Rob Hendrix <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gy6sHD.7z@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Ken Koleda
      Very nice. Some colors of 1x1 plates are *sort of* available in bulk.... I know someone who has bought a couple of the mosaics, one ALL black, the other half of two different colors. On the all black Lego called him and said that they thought there (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Andrew Lipson
     In general terms I would have to agree but my wishlist would also contain 1x3. And 2x3 too cause I've almost run out And for sculptures these sizes are what it's about. And please please bring back the bulk tubs (may I say that they also should be (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Greg Howell
     (...) Snip.. I like Lego too But bulk bricks are so lacking I must have large plates! Greg Howell (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Nathan Todd
      What can I say? You've all hit the wall. Why do you bother to write poems at all? So a small piece is missing frustrating maybe, but think what we have we've come along way. We HAVE bulk bricks trees and figures as well. Granted we need more, ever (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Matt Hein
     My suspicions have been met I can tell you that now that you AFOLS are intent on scooping bulks like plows! No matter how much I ask my demands are never met those prices on bricklink make my wallet actually sweat! So whilst I sit here and type away (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates —Martin Bruun
   (...) No need to feel down If your'e in search of a 1x1 in brown Just act as a buyer Go get the Wright Flyer I just received the 10124 Wright Flyer, I have not built it yet, but a quick scan of the bags revealed at least 4 brown 1 x 1 plates. I will (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.general) !