 General / 37259
37258  |  37260
Subject:
Newsgroups:
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:08:43 GMT

This is so unjust.

I sigh to myself.
I know what to do.
I grab my swiss knife.
And a brown ... one by two.

  -r'm

Message has 9 Replies:
  Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates

I nominate Remy Evard to be LUGNET's Poet Laureate. All in favor - compose a rhyming couplet or a LEGO Limerick! Thanks Remy - I don't think Poe himself could have brought a piece of poetry to such a spine-shivering, horrific end. Greg (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates

I read this post late, by the light of me screen. And wonder aloud, What famine this mean. So I goest to the basement, having the most bricks in town. To locate these plates, the smallest and brown. To my surprise, looking box after box. I find just (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates

Late Sunday morning, my coffee needs being met, I booted the 'puter to read ole Lugnet. But shock overcame me, my face wore a frown for Remy had stolen my poetry crown The verse was well written, pentameter true Good job, Remy! My hats off to you. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates

Very Nice! I actually wrote to Lego about this. I want to give Chewbacca some height... they wrote back and said wookies can get in trouble for heightening. Who knew? :-) -- Grant Giandonato Check out my eBay auctions: (URL) Evard" (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates

You guys are all nuts, That much can be said. I think you have fallen, And bonked your poor head. Brown plates or blue ones, No matter your vice. Are not as important, As a lower bulk price. In the words of Brad Justus, I'll bet you a dime. "Bulk (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.general) !!
  Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates

(...) Snip.. I like Lego too But bulk bricks are so lacking I must have large plates! Greg Howell (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates

What can I say? You've all hit the wall. Why do you bother to write poems at all? So a small piece is missing frustrating maybe, but think what we have we've come along way. We HAVE bulk bricks trees and figures as well. Granted we need more, ever (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates

My suspicions have been met I can tell you that now that you AFOLS are intent on scooping bulks like plows! No matter how much I ask my demands are never met those prices on bricklink make my wallet actually sweat! So whilst I sit here and type away (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates

(...) No need to feel down If your'e in search of a 1x1 in brown Just act as a buyer Go get the Wright Flyer I just received the 10124 Wright Flyer, I have not built it yet, but a quick scan of the bags revealed at least 4 brown 1 x 1 plates. I will (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.general) !