 General / 37096
  Re: Where is everything going?

I would add that part of what I see for auction in the Lego category is mis-represented and the thypical LEGO buyer is more knowledgeable about the product being sold than the "idot" selling the item. I use "idot" in quotes to comprehensively (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Where is everything going?

(...) Hyperbole on Ebay is often ridiculous. I remember seeing a lot of one or two hundred Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazines a few weeks ago. The seller was going on and on about how this was probably one of the largest collections in existance. I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Where is everything going?

(...) How can you expect someone to tell you the shipping costs up front, unless they give a flat fee that will most likely overcharge you? Especially with the new USPS rates hitting July 1. I mean, I could list "$10 shipping in the continental US" (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Where is everything going?

(...) Well, the internet's free ride is well over then isn't it? I am very unlikely to pay $30 total for an item at $20 with an additional s&h of $10. Sometimes I order rarer or "hard to find in quantity" elements from Europe via Bricklink and the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Where is everything going?

(...) I don't expect to be told shipping from Somalia to Suriname, but shipping within the seller's home country should be an easily known quantity, and should be stated. For example, when I buy a thirty year old magazine I'm willing to pay $5 for (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Where is everything going?

(...) Anyone who's done a significant number of sales can fairly accurately estimate their shipping costs. It's becoming more complicated for domestic US because of the rate change, but it's still quite do-able. Especially so for E-Bay sellers who (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Where is everything going?

(...) Sure, assuming you take the time to box up lots ahead of time. But how many people have the room to do so? I certainly don't, so simply list an estimate. Box weight can often push the shipping costs up a bracket or more, so unless you pre-box (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Where is everything going?

(...) <blink> Did I not say "estimate"? You sound like you're disagreeing with me, but then you go ahead and say that you estimate shipping. I'm confused. (...) I think you misunderstood me. If you say "I charge exact shipping + $1.00", why do you (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Where is everything going?

(...) Speaking mostly in regards to Ebay: Since I feel that buyers have the luxury to be choosy these days (supply exceeds demand) I have become much more selective than ever about what items I bid on (have always been a careful bidder). One of the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Where is everything going?

(...) What I've always said (as a seller) is "Save on shipping by bidding on multiple items" and "Buyer pays actual cost for Priority Mail or actual cost plus $2 for other shipping methods". I include any cost for packaging in the actual cost, so (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services)