 General / 36877
Re: I found some LEGO Island Sets!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2002 20:55:02 GMT

There are some at Mrs. Tiggy Winkle's at the Rideau Centre in Ottawa.

Good looking sets, but lots of juniorization.  Some good parts though.

I few I remember seeing:
(none of these are listed yet on LUGNET)

6738 - Skateboard challenge,
http://shop.lego.com/ProductInfo.asp?product_number=6738

6734 - Beach Cruisers
http://shop.lego.com/ProductInfo.asp?product_number=6734
(Remarkably similar to: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6572)

6735 - Air Chase
http://shop.lego.com/ProductInfo.asp?product_number=6735

6736 - Beach Lookout
http://shop.lego.com/ProductInfo.asp?product_number=6736

6739 Truck & Stunt Trikes
http://shop.lego.com/ProductInfo.asp?product_number=6739

They also had a bunch of the new Studio sets:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1383
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1382
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1380

Probably the coolest, most detailed studio sets yet -- but too much
juniorization for me.

-GG.

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
I saw three LEGO Island sets in Toys R Us in Newmarket, Ontario.  They were
6735 Air Chase, 6737 Wake Rider, and 6738 Skateboard Challenge.  I bought
the Wake Rider.  Does this make me the first person to report owning a LEGO
Island set?  Feel free to ask me anything about the Wake Rider.