 General / 36712
Re: unusual places for the classic space logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 17:30:36 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Now, if only we could get LEGO to do one of the two things in this
message:

http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=13799

If TLC is as usual a little bit slow or even none-cooperative at all: What
about T-shirts like these? Has somebody made them already in the past?

Ben,
Here's a related thread from about 18 months ago...

   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=2012
   http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=863

Basically, LEGO Direct wants to allow the community to design its own LEGO
branded items to be sold online (subject to TLC approval by TLC) and donate
the proceeds to LUGNET.  I don't know if things like the classic Space logo
would fall into that category, but it's worth asking.  Jake McKee indicated
last year that TLC hasn't forgotten about the idea.

Is this even a minifig after a real T-shirt design?
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/join/lugnet-minifig-join1.jpg

Not sure exactly what you're asking, but yes, it's a real t-shirt design...
these were being sold via CafePress until last summer...

   http://www.lugnet.com/gear/

...and will be available again in time for BrickFest.  Wouldn't it be fun if
TLC licensed the LUGNET logo for a special production run of minifig torsos?

--Todd

[xfut => lugnet.lego.direct]