 General / 36328
  Re: Lego acquires new license

(...) To tell you something, I'm not the least bit surprised, but, IF this is an april fools joke, than I am surprised! Nice try, Jeff. This is quite a possibility, though,, and I would definitely like to get my hands on one of those models (If this (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego acquires new license

(...) I would, given that Bandai has been very protective with their Gundam product lines, and both LEGO and Bandai has been heading toward the same direction in the last few year w.r.t. their construction toys/models. Bandai's models are very easy (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego acquires new license

(...) Think about the Star Wars sets in a sense. Alone, normal models by LucasFilm took a long time and plenty of glue to put together, and you weren't guaranteed good results. And, the cheap imitation models made by other companies didn't even (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego acquires new license

(...) The difference is LucasFilm don't sell models or toys themselve. They just licence their design to Hasbro and LEGO. Bandai owns Gundam and sell their own toys and models. (...) Actually most serious model makers modify their Gundam models. It (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego acquires new license

(...) Even so, I'm sure if Lego were to license Gundam models, trhey would be in the same sense of star wars sets. This isn't really an issue of licensing here, but even though LucasFilm license out their models, that makes it really no different (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.general)