 General / 36294
Re: Recent purchases??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 23:40:52 GMT

As some of the pictures you mentioned are obviously mine, let me explain:

Why are the sets purchased?
The sets are purchased at deep discount in large quantities so that they can
be parted out for sale in my Bricklink.com shop.  I do, of course, keep
pieces out of the sets for my own use.  This is how my hobby is supported.

Why are the pictures posted?
I generally post the pictures to go along with my announcement that I have
the parts to my shop.  I feel this will show that I did in fact have the
sets in question in case anyone doubts that I purchased, for example, 48 Mos
Espa Podracer sets.

Why the sudden spat of them?
The pictures you are noticing now are related to an ongoing discussion on
the Bricklink.com forums that arose from a question about buying sets on
Bricklink to be parted out on Bricklink.

Troy
Troy's Surplus Lego
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh

"Duq" <duq@iegateway.net> wrote in message news:GtpDsG.In9@lugnet.com...
They keep popping up in the Brickshelf galleries: pictures of car boots
full, shelves full or even rooms full of Lego boxes. Apart from not
understanding why someone would buy 200 copies of the same set I wonder • what
the fun is in publishing those pictures.
Before you ask: yes, I wish I could afford more than three or four big • sets
a year, but it's not jealousy that makes me ask this question....

Duq