 General / 36290
Re: Recent purchases??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:14:19 GMT

"Duq" <duq@iegateway.net> wrote in message news:GtpDsG.In9@lugnet.com...
They keep popping up in the Brickshelf galleries: pictures of car boots
full, shelves full or even rooms full of Lego boxes. Apart from not
understanding why someone would buy 200 copies of the same set I wonder • what
the fun is in publishing those pictures.
Before you ask: yes, I wish I could afford more than three or four big • sets
a year, but it's not jealousy that makes me ask this question....

I've never posted pictures of a room full of boxes of the same LEGO, but I
have recently posted pics of my room full of my LEGO boxes so a friend who
lives 150 miles away could see what I meant when I said I didn't have much
room spare in my "spare room" :)   Out of the lot I have 3 sets of which I
have 1 duplicate of each where I needed the extra parts. The reason they're
still mostly in boxes is due to moving house - I just haven't gotten around
to putting them back on my shelves yet (not to mention not having shelves to
put them on at the moment!).

As to why other people do it, I have no idea.

Dan