 General / 36235
36234  |  36236
Subject:
o/` Spider Man, Spider Man, Does Whatever A Spider Can...o/`
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:13:30 GMT

Hello.

My name is Matt.

And I'm a minifigaholic.

I just spent $30.00 to get the Spider Man minifig.

Pity me.

___

So, the only items in the new 2002 set line-up that really interested me
were the two Spider Man movie sets. Of course, I thought it would be CRAZY
to pay $30.00 just to get LEGO Spidey. I swore up and down that I'd never
pay that...I'd just wait for the figs to show up on BrickLink.

Right.

So my Wal*Mart had both the Spidey and Green Goblin sets out today. I HAD to
buy them (boy is the wife peeved!).

Neat things in the sets:

-The LEGO Spidey (DUH!)
-The entire Green Goblin fig...the body, legs, head, arms and helmet are all
in a brighter green color, the hands and hips are a flat version of regular
green. The design of the printing is great...and he has full printing on the
back of the head and torso.
-The Mary Jane fig has a cool regular face (reverses to a scared face that
I'm not thrilled with), rust orange ponytail hair, and maroon torso, hips
and legs.
- Spidey and Goblin both have the single hollow stud backplate (red and
green respectively) and clear posing sticks.
-The Goblin's flying platform has flat silver elements! I wasn't expecting
his...way cool! 2 of the new quarter slopes (with a decent purple bat wing
pattern) and 1 of the Racers 2X2 plates modified with flare fenders (with a
good orange circle scheme).
-White climbing vine for Spidey's swingin' web; white net for webbing.
-Trans anti-freeze orange minifig heads.

Everything else is pretty much standard fare: also, the sticker sheet with
the NYPD graphics is useless-small, unreadable graphics and typical poor
printing.

But I got LEGO Spidey!

WHOO-HOO!

Matt