 General / 36237
Re: o/` Spider Man, Spider Man, Does Whatever A Spider Can...o/`
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:46:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.general, Matthew Gerber writes:

  Like anyone's going to give up a Spidey this early in the game,
  for less than $8, anyways.

I would have paid that actually...now I've got a bunch of scrap to deal
with. Ah well...such is the minifigaholics burden.

So my Wal*Mart had both the Spidey and Green Goblin sets out today. I HAD to
buy them (boy is the wife peeved!).

  Solution:  Fix priorities.  Bachelordom = +LEGO -Family +work
             +disposable income.  Yes.

- Family = 8,?(

No go. No way. No how.

-The entire Green Goblin fig...the body, legs, head, arms and helmet are all
in a brighter green color, the hands and hips are a flat version of regular
green. The design of the printing is great...and he has full printing on the
back of the head and torso.

  That's very cool.  I noticed that right off--and without the mask,
  one can make him into a very cool reptile-alien.

Yup...he's pretty much Serpentor already. Yo Joe!

-The Mary Jane fig has a cool regular face (reverses to a scared face that
I'm not thrilled with), rust orange ponytail hair, and maroon torso, hips
and legs.

  Uh, mine's standard orange.  Is yours somehow different?

Nope...you're correct. I mis-oranged. (Is that really such a surprise in
this day and age of multiLEGOorangedom?)

- Spidey and Goblin both have the single hollow stud backplate (red and
green respectively) and clear posing sticks.

  I love that stick.  I'm not sure what I'll use it for, but I love it.
  The stud-vest is neat, too.

Um...posing?

Personally, I've been wooshing the Goblin around the house with it, with
LEGO Spidey dangling underneath the flying platform on his web. WHOOSH!

I like how they are including the stick/vest in the new Extreme Island sets
to move the skateboarders around and such...good simple playability.

-The Goblin's flying platform has flat silver elements! I wasn't expecting
his...way cool! 2 of the new quarter slopes (with a decent purple bat wing
pattern) and 1 of the Racers 2X2 plates modified with flare fenders (with a
good orange circle scheme).

  Ugh.  Here's where we part ways, ol' buddy.  I was *so* hoping those
  were light grey--because I wanted to brasso them down and use them
  in other things.  I can still do it, but they'll look odd.

I think they'll look great with dark grey...I'm already contemplating
several more instances of the parts in a new mecha design.

-Trans anti-freeze orange minifig heads.

  Jango Fett's Slave I (7153) has three of these too.  They seem to be
  in danger of being very common this year.

I was actually hoping for more jack o'lantern heads for the Goblin's
throwing bombs, but I guess that's another change in the movie. Sigh.

Matt