 General / 35710
  ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

(...) <snip> (...) I did what I could to make a bad situation better. I didn't know what else to do but knew that resolution was needed. I just wanted to find help, and didn't know how else to do it. Seemed like the best "common sense" at that (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

Why’d I leave the post in .general & .admin? Honestly, because a general-community outline is needed for these type of situations. We’re the ones that’ll likely encounter these incidents first, so we should have some measures in place. Because (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

(...) Nah, don't hide because of one silly newsgroup tripup. The eyeball-biting monkey shall surely gnaw this too into oblivion by the time the morning sun rises. I can't speak for anyone else, but I understand the good intent. (Which of course begs (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

(...) I can leave everything else alone (cause others have already summed up my view) except this. Posting a link of vulgar pornographic content DOES NOT EVER belong on LUGNET. Its along the same lines of posting vulgar words in the .general group, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

(...) And we applaud you for that. (...) Now you know what else can be done to fix the problem. (...) I, for one, think you did the right thing. Too many inappropriate things have sat on Brickshelf without anyone speaking out. This is wrong. It's a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

(...) However, what's posted on Brickshelf is nothing to do with Lugnet. Kevin's the admin of Brickshelf, his email is publically available, he generally acts fairly quickly to issues re protocol on his sight - look at how fast the avatar "problem" (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

(...) Richard, Don't get uptight. Just learn from your error and move on. Scott A (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ? ... Shooting the messenger as he walks away in the huff ;)

(...) Richard, Don't get uptight. Just learn from your error and move on. Scott A (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

For the Record: (...) [snip] (...) I agree. and that goes for -any- group, not just general. -Suz (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ? ... Pot calling the kettle black.

Put up or shut up. Everyone that reposted the link and jumped down his throat needs to apologize to Richard for doing the same thing he did. Now there is some common sense. (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ?

Sorry for the double post but I would like to soften the tone of this entire thread by saying I'm glad Larry & Scott agree on something. (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

(...) Semi-publicly. It's hard to find his personal email on the site, as was noted. He reminded me offline that webmaster@brickshelf.com works (as it does for MANY MANY websites) but I would reply that this convention is not necessarily known all (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)