 General / 35485
35484  |  35486
Subject:
22 percent increase in Building & Construction toys?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 21:20:45 GMT

From the Toy Fair website:

"In the aftermath of 9/11, many families chose to stay close to home during
the latter part of the year and this trend is reflected in a 22 percent
increase in Building & Construction toys. The most dominant new arrival in
2001 was LEGO's Bionicle line, which took six of the top 20 spots in this
category. However, claiming the number one position in the Building sets
category was the very innovative Screaming Serpent Coaster by K'NEX."

See http://www.toy-tma.com/AITF/release-soi02.html