 General / 35484
35483  |  35485
Subject:
Question regarding Lego Club Magazines and S@H catalogs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:11:56 GMT

Well, I am hoping that the historians on the list will be able to answer my
questions.

I've just gotten back into LEGO collecting and building.
At the moment, I am working on a bit of a project, so..

I've started to pick up LEGO Builder Club Magazines and
S@H catalogs (as well as the booklet catalogs found in sets)

Here's my questions:

1) LEGO Club Magazines -
   I am under the impression that LEGO Mania Magazines started in 1994
   (Winter 1994).  Is this correct?  And what was the club magazine that
   preceded Mania?  (Brick Kicks?  Innovations)

   (Better summary is:
    What's the chronology of the LEGO club magazines?
    What started first, when, what succeeded it, how were the volumes
    numbered?)

I am assuming that Mania was preceded by Brick Kicks which was preceded by
Innovations.

2) Shop @ Home Catalogs -
   Currently, the Catalogs in the US are sent out as
   January, Spring, Summer, Fall, Holiday (might be missing Winter)

   When did this numbering scheme start?
   (at the moment, I have from 97 - 2001)

   How were the catalogs denoted prior to the recent volume numbering
   scheme started?

   And when did the Shop @ Home catalogs first start getting sent out?

Any answers would be most useful, thank you for your time and patience in
advance.

Chris