 General / 35052
    Re: Expert Builder website - Great response results in first update —Richie Dulin
   (...) You said "the same effect could have been achieved with simple traditional 2x2 bricks". That is not true. (...) This is a side issue to the truth and fairness of your reviews, but I'd like to know why you think they aren't worthy of the LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Expert Builder website - Great response results in first update —Allan Bedford
     (...) I said that "the same effect could have been achieved". The effect of a white column. The effect of a building that looks like an elevator shaft. The effect of a building with no walls. What I didn't say was that you could make the "exact same (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Expert Builder website - Great response results in first update —Richie Dulin
     (...) No. The effect would be different because there would be no texture on the columns, there would be no windows, and the structure wouldn't be very stable. (...) That would be good. Maybe you could add the 'I haven't actually built this' (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Expert Builder website - Great response results in first update —Richard Marchetti
   (...) And this differs from most news media how...? I think what's interesting about this discussion is the degree to which we have mythologized the idea of, and even the methods of arriving at, the "truth." -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)