 General / 34926
Re: where can I get 1x3 diagonal bricks in black?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 05:35:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Do any current set or sets include the 1x3 diagonal facet brick (3x3 in
area with 3 studs on top) in black? Which ones?

Per peeron (an excellent resource for this sort of question if you can
identify the part you seek)... as shown by: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2462

it looks like either the most recent set is from 1998 OR the set or sets
that have it haven't been inventoried yet and thus are not in the DB.

Which brings up a point. I think it's really good to know the inventories of
historical sets. It lets you reconstruct them, it helps with detective work,
etc. However, it's way MORE useful, to me anyway, to know the inventories of
sets I can go buy. Because I dunno about you, but I have no plans to part
out my MISB Pizza to Go (although I confess I've raided 4536s for their
slopes)...

But since I haven't the patience to do inventories (I've tried and I always
lose count or foul them up somehow) I can't very well complain about what
sets people choose to inventory out of the goodness of their hearts. And I'm
*not* complaining, mind you, I am very grateful that people do it!

So I'll just ask people who are good inventory takers (if they have an
equivalent choice of set to inventory and no other reason to choose one or
the other) to consider doing the newer ones rather than the older.