 General / 34927
Re: New pictures of upcoming sets on distributors website.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 07:24:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark de Kock writes:
In lugnet.general, Richard Morton writes:
Hi all,

Does everyone remember the distributors website that listed the summer 2002
releases from a few weeks ago? Well, they've updated some of the pictures.

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/lego.cfm

Interesting looking ones are the new Monsters Studio pictures (check out the
Mad Monster Lab - the monster looks like it's got sand green hands and head!
Also the werewolf is very cool!) and also the XTreme sets. After the
terrible juniorised sets of recent times, these don't seem too bad and as a
minifig collector, there's a lot of interesting stuff coming up.

Just a heads up.

Richard.

I realy like those Lego Island Xtreme sets! That truck looks realy cool (6wide?)
Well, more money going from me to TLC :-}

Mark -looking forward to see them on S@H- de Kock

I too am enhralled by them, they seem to be departing from the Town Jr.
line! No more 10 piece trucks! The Extreme tower looks pretty neat too.
Smoke  Grey Bay Windows to match the ones from the Explosion Studio! Plus
the operating  skylights to match (no longer demoted to just beign a
windshield. Tan Pieces to boot and a staircase. The helicopter base looks
like its town Jr. but the rest are all decent parts. The car is also half
decent and it looks like the design came from the Racers Line.

-Tim Tosino