 General / 34841
Re: Loctite for bonding Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:30:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski writes:
In lugnet.general, John Gerlach writes:
How do you propose to bond multiple pieces without damaging them?  Do you
want to seperate them someday?

Nope. At least I hope they don't get seperated.. but the NERC[1] Ant Weight
class seems to be getting more and more powerful, so they might become
forcefully seperated <evil grin>

[1] http://www.robotconflict.com

MEK would be your best bet for the 'normal' ABS bricks.  It will fuse them
into one solid chunk o' plastic.  It won't work on Technic axles, though.

Experiment on some waste pieces before attempting to do your master
construction.  You don't need much MEK, you just need to put it in the
correct spots!

Disclaimer:  The GMLTC frowns upon gluing or cutting LEGO pieces!  But,
we've got a couple of members who have worked in the LEGO Model Shop, so we
know more about gluing than mere mortals should ever know...  ;-)

JohnG, GMLTC