 General / 34834
Re: Loctite for bonding Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:03:46 GMT

Make sure if you are using Methly Ethyl Ketone  (and possibly) Methly Ethyl
Ketone Peroxide that you wear protection for eyes , skin & lungs, it is real
caustic nasty, nasty, stuff. It is used in 2 part epoxy glues and resins as
a catalyst. Only mix a small amount at a time, it sets REAL fast.

In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski writes:
I need to  bond together multiple bricks for a current project. The stuff I
was thinking of using is made by Loctite; it's probably some of the
strongest epoxy I've ever used. Anyway: Does anyone have experience with
this stuff and Lego? I need the bond to be as strong as possible (which it
will be) but I don't want the Lego damaged. In short: will Loctite in any
way weaken the bricks? Thanks much.

Greg Majewski