 General / 34644
34643  |  34645
Subject:
Ant Castles, was Re: 2 x 2 x 3 Double Convex in light gray!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 04:35:37 GMT

Doyle, think about it. You want maybe four pieces at $15 each? (If you have
money to burn.) The rest of us might even pay a dollar, but, if they were
available in 25-packs for $10, we would get tight-fisted and hold out for
even lower prices.

The fan community would not buy 1 million of these in a year.

So, if you want some corners like that, use blue ones. Natch. Or, get a
stiff eraser and a Dremel Wizard! That's right, make your own out of rubber!
Or! Polish a blue one, and coat it in gray vinyl goo! Or take two gray
straight ones, and WHHZZZZ! make one corner!

Other good materials: wood, room temperature vulcanising rubber, limestone
rocks, even lucky bits of seashell if you sand them down.

I have tried sugar cubes with Lego, but, the pointy tips I cut tend to break
off, especially on corner slopes, and they attract ants. So, I built an
ant-castle, and they were happy too.

Anyway, if you have to glue together multiple sugar cubes, the glue tends to
make them crumble easily.

However, the advantage of Sugar as a liquid material is that a mold can be
made from nearly anything, instead of carbon steel.