 General / 34543
Re: Why I love Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:18:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Twan,

I totally know what you mean!! I also introduced myself on my first even
post in lugnet, but there was no place to do so back then. I do think that
the Newbie group should be more central and obvious to the newcomers (hear
that, Dan? Jenn? Steve? grr, I wish i knew who I'm s'posed to direct this to
;-).

As for joining in on a conversation you overheard - well, if I hadn't bumped
in on such a lego conversation I would never have met Dave Eaton, Eric
Kingsley and Shaun Sullivan. I ran into them in The Construction Site (a toy
and lego store in Boston) and am glad I picked up the talk about the hot
"new" ninja sets. (Well, they *were* new at the time!) Sometimes you just
have to be bold and jump into the flow of things - pretty soon you'll find
you're warmly accepted, at least over here!

Welcome aboard, and see you around!
-Shiri

In lugnet.general, Twan Theeuwen writes:
I agree very much. Being new myself I find myself confronted with a
large
collection of groups and have no idea where I 'belong', in what group
start posting. A .newbie group provides an obvious starting point.
Also, I like to sort of introduce myself before starting to join in
ongoing
conversations. I'd feel rude just bumping in, as if I was just
starting to
present my opinions when overhearing an interesting conversation in a
pub. If I wanted to join the talk, I would introduce myself, which can
be
as short as telling my name and saying 'hi'. Works the same way on
Internet for me.

Cheers, Twan.
--
Twanneman@planet.nl