 General / 34526
Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:47:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Paul Hanson writes:
Hi everyone -

I was just fooling around on lego.com and found something that may be of
interest:

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7B7B7F061E%2DEE40%2D11D5%2D8027%2D0008C7CAA0DE%7D

I've not heard of this, and a quick search here on Lugnet didn't turn up
anything - is this a new, heretofore unknown release?

In any case, way to go Dan! It's a cool-looking set (and a fine value, too!)

HOLY CRIPES! That is so cool! Where did this program come from, and why
haven't we heard of it yet?

Here's the text from the page:

The first set created by a LEGO Fan!

This special set is the first in the “My Own Creation” series, featuring
original designs by LEGO builders just like you! Daniel Siskind’s Blacksmith
Shop was chosen by our LEGO Master Builders to be turned into a set you can
put together and add to your Castle village. The trusty blacksmith uses his
hammer and anvil to make the equipment knights need for their adventures.
The king’s men come from all over to buy his wares and learn the latest news
from the village. Includes blacksmith and blacksmith’s wife, hammer, anvil,
and more. A great companion to the Guarded Inn!

Now THIS could be an interesting twist to the arguments about the dearth of
sets in your favorite theme (whatever that may be). How many of these sets
will we see, how often, and how are they chosen? I MUST know!

An excited Matt