 General / 34451
Re: The Mutant Calamari
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:19:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
Hey Y'all:

Unceremoniously, I reveal my latest design: The Mutant Calamari.  See it here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/blueofnoon/calamari/calamari.jpg

<snip>

I'd be interested in opinions not only on the quality of my design, but in
reference to my design over the design recently issued by TLC -- in a head
to head comparison (if anyone wants it, I can post the DAT file for closer
examination).  Which is better, which has elements you would have preferred
to buy, etc.

Richard,

I prefer your design over TLC's.  The most notable improvement seems to be your
use of the bendy arm segments.  While I applaud TLC for trying to incorporate
the dino tails in new designs, a squid's legs/arms just scream for the movement
possibility/posability that the bendy arms allow.  Now, I don't know if you
have a few spare weeks to do this, but imagine how neat it would be to see an
animation of your squid propelling itself through water. :)

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@hotmail.com