 General / 34446
Re: The Mutant Calamari
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 05:29:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:
What if you combined your bendy arms with the new canopies?

It looks good.  Although I haven't yet seen the new black sub parts that
would close up the sides.  I find the new canopies are a little stunted
looking, so no matter what I think one needs to extend the middle area.  The
angles of the new canopies' allow for regular and inverse low slope to be
used for the center module if one wishes to extend it.

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Also:  Are there 8 arms, or 10 (with two really long ones, tipped
  maybe by Dinosaurs flippers)?

10, including the the long ones -- please note that my arms actually copy
the approx. length and curvature of the TLC arms/segments, except that most
of the arms of my design are shorter (two segments of length) as would be
those of a real squid.  The long arms are tipped in little claws (I am
unclear as to whether squids have some kind of claw-like tipped arms, or if
they are more like flippers).  The first image I posted was intended to
suggest a movement of arms forward (and therefore away from the viewer), but
in any case here are some more views and the Dat file (although it is
comprised of other dat files also, so I am not sure how this works out for
others): http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/blueofnoon/calamari/

The TLC arms could never be tipped in either claws or flippers because the
tips of the arms use a non-standard connection method.

-- Hop-Frog