 General / 34312
  Re: Markets and juniorization

(...) Well-- it's not just about money for the Lego Company. It's about their values. I mean, if they found some new super-product that made them more money, would they drop the Lego product and make the new one? Nah. It's just not their particular (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Markets and juniorization

(...) Um, yes they would. They already have. It's called Bionicle. It is so far from their core product that it's not even readily compatible. (Unless you are an adult fan of course who has some obscure Technic pieces that allow integration.) They (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Markets and juniorization

(...) Exactly! Think about it. If they did a study on the effects of their toys on my generation, they would soon discover that almost everyone (well, perhaps more male than female) who grew up in the late 1970s and 1980s still think of Lego as (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Markets and juniorization

(...) No no-- I mean totally different. Things without kids as the focus. Think fax machines. Cars. Real estate. If they found a great new way to make a solar powered car that would revoloutionize the world, would they drop the contruction toy line (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Markets and juniorization

(...) Not that they would spend much R&D money on such products, but I see your point now. (...) I guess I try to look at it with both my kid brain and my adult brain. Neither one likes it at all. :) (...) We're not their target market for only one (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Markets and juniorization

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes: <snip-a-dee-do-da> (...) Now *that* would be awesome! That is one of the coolest ideas I have heard in a while. Maybe throw in a few images of building ideas (for those inexperienced with the given theme), (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)