 General / 32085
Re: Browser Usage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:37:47 GMT

It's the old sticky question. The first thing you learn when designing
Websites is that Netscape has an ugly filter. Your site can be as pretty as
can be in IE, Opera or anything else but looks dog ugly in Netscape.
Netscape used to be my favorate browser, but 4.7 was soooo bad, and 6 isn't
much better (IMO). As far as building a site that everyone can see I try to
make it look good in IE and passable at least in Netscape. According to my
viewing stats about 80% of people that go too the site are using IE, 17%
Netscape, and the rest is the small ones (opera is actually 3rd at 1%)

so when it comes down to it you have to design your site for the people
going too it. It's gotta look good in IE, but it must work in Netscape
(almost 20% is a lot of people) but its not worth stressing too much to make
it look fantastic in both

Hope this helps

James
www.minifig.co.uk

"Paul Hartzog" <panarchy23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I am wondering whether lugnet users prefer
MSExlorer or NSNavigator

plz reply

I am working on a site and trying to make decisions
about implementation and I want the largest # of
lugnet users to be able to see the content

thx much
-paul

p.s. and yeah I know about cross browser dev, it
may not be possible in this case...