 General / 32070
Re: Browser Usage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:31:42 GMT

Paul,

I recently switched from Netscape 4 to Mozilla because it supports HTML
standards so much better.  When I made my web site a couple of months ago, I
used cascading style sheets extensively, sticking to HTML standards, realizing
that the majority of users browse with a standards-supporting browser (i.e.,
not Netscape!).  So, in your case, I would not write a site for Netscape 4.x
(even though I prefer it over IE) because it would pander to poor HTML
implementation... just stick to W3C standards and not outdated browsers.

Seth.

In lugnet.general, Paul Hartzog writes:
I am wondering whether lugnet users prefer
MSExlorer or NSNavigator