 General / 32079
Re: A good day for LEGO until....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 04:35:03 GMT

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatico.deletethisspamblock.ca> wrote in
message news:GH7syu.I56@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Back to on-topic, I didn't see the LEGO logo at all there,
as it's too small.  I could barely make out the major sponsor
logos as it was.  Had I been in the paddock area for that
race I would have taken plenty of pictures of it.  The
Rahal.com site doesn't show/mention LEGO yet, and the CART.com
site has pictures of very poor quality (but the LEGO stuff
is still recognizeable---there is quite a bit of it on the car).

KDJ
_______________________________________
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Sort of off topic but since LEGO is a racing sponsor, sort of on topic as
well.  If I were going to sponsor a race car, I wouldn't sponsor and Indy
style car - there simply isn't that much room to plaster your logo on so it
is readable from any distance.  NASCAR provides a much broader canvas to
plaster a logo on and IMHO - it is better racing as well!

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot