 General / 31434
Re: How much is enough?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:01:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes:
For the HP stuff, yes. But for the new train cars, there was a period of a
day or two where that was not exactly true. I pointed that out in this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=11894
which sank without a trace.

Acha, yes, that could indeed be similar to the on-Lugnet-leak with the 2000
sets. And had TLC asked Todd to cancel those posts for their using a
non-ready set number, I'd bet he'd've done so. But maybe not. Anyway, that
indeed would be a case where Lunget would've arguably been capable of doing
something to help TLC had it chosen to do so. HP I don't think is-- even
though I suppose if set numbers and/or prices (I've seen them mentioned
already) are counted as sensative material, then Lugnet *is* holding
information which TLC could conceivably ask to have removed. The links to
the pictures, though, are another story.

But I've never seen the admins act
in a manner that actually goes against TLC's wishes.

This is a bit broad, isn't it? That is, TLC isn't monolithic and may well
have conflicting wishes. Further it may have wishes that haven't been made
clear. In either of those cases it would be hard to comply and hard to say
one way or the other whether compliance was achieved... (I agree in spirit
with what you said but had to nitpick the statement as insufficiently precise)

Fortunately for me, I prefaced it with "I've never seen", which I can
hopefully hide behind should I be wrong :) But yes, insofar as Lego has
mixed wishes, it may be difficult to not act against one of them, even when
acting in favor of a different one.

DaveE