 General / 31426
31425  |  31427
Subject:
How much is enough?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:44:01 GMT

After watching just about everything concerning the upcoming Harry Potter
line get leaked on to the internet, it makes me wonder about the future of
online relations between LEGO and the rest of us.

Let's be honest here - none of what is all over LUGNET now should be here.
LEGO was excited over the prospect of placing a sneak preview of the sets in
the next Mania mag.  I know an editor of a UK LEGO mag who is getting ready
to do the same.  But now who cares?  LEGO is going to show us a sneak peek
of what?  It's a waste of time now . . .

Obviously, LUGNET is not to blame for all of this entirely, although after
having the same experience in the past I am a bit surprised to see that all
of this is being readily advertised on this sites main page.

Where does it end?  Do we completely alienate LEGO?  They can't be happy
that all of this is out now.  I'm surprised that it's still online.  I
myself had posted things in the past that LEGO had me remove until I decided
that it was more important for me to do what LEGO would like me to do rather
than run up my hit counter.

Does it cost my site?  No, it hasn't . . . YET.  I've sat on all kinds of
information because I knew LEGO wouldn't be happy with me if I used it.  My
decision.  But with all of the HP line out now . . .

I had thought to start up a subsite to FBTB that dealt with the HP line, to
talk about it as information came available - but what's the point now?  And
what is going to happen with sites out there that are only in this game to
get the notoriety of having their hit counters roll?

What happens to those of us that want to play by the rules?

I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks on this subject.

Respect The Brick
Tim

Tim Saupé
Webmaster, "From Bricks to Bothans"
Your Star Wars LEGO News Source - for now . . .
http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb