 General / 31276
Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 17:45:38 GMT

Todd changed it again, and for the better.  When you get the email asking for
authentication, you can now reply to the email, rather than going to the web link
to post it.  Personally, I'll use the link, but I'm sure many people that were
complaining about connect times, etc, will be happy about the email reply option.

Mike Stanley wrote:

If I were still using a news reader, and I can see myself going back to that
at some point now that I have more time to read and post, I'd like to see
some other, less work-intensive method of authentication.  Since I'm using
the web interface, I don't have a dog in this fight right now, but I
understand the concerns because I used Agent to read and post here since
before LUGNET went public.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/