 General / 31214
Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 04:15:23 GMT

I'm a NNTP user myself and only use web about once a year (if that!).  I
like the option idea Brad presented; I'll certainly be aware that I'm taking
a greater risk.  Getting philosophical, I figure I take a risk every
picosecond of my life, so what's new?  If I get screwed by some jerk like
"MM", then I'll "do as the Romans do" and follow what Todd presented us to.

This "new" posting system really doesn't thrill me very much but tolerance
to something new really isn't unusual for me.  I did consider subscribing
back to RTL and like Tom, I did NOT enjoy what I saw.  I sure didn't see
many of the people make the RTL to Lugnet then back to RTL jump.  Without
doubt, he isn't kidding about "Mad Hatter", he's all over that group.  In
other words, until an option for us NNTP users is available, it's Todd's
way.

Adrian

One other crazy idea, to those who get TechTV on their sat or cable TV's,
maybe we should contact those guys on "The Screen Savers" show for possible
options?  Just a thought?

"Tom Reed" <Merthyn1@webtv.net> wrote in message
Okay, I'll tell you that I don't mind the security measures.  If it will
help make this a better place to post without dealing with people who just
want to stir up trouble, then I'm all for it.  Just check out • Rec.toys.lego
lately to see what I mean.  The "Mad Hatter" guy has really taken over • that
area.  I would quit reading posts altogether if I had to deal with that • for
very long!  That's just my two cents worth!