 General / 30888
Re: Is this "a joke " ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 15:47:41 GMT

.. Yes that explains it ...
Artists ... it seems that every idiot with his morbid ideas could call
himself an artist !!!
That's not art that's stupidity ... he really ruined my day !
Lego is a toy !
Children play with all those doctors (from town sets) and skeletons
(from castle sets) ! Aaaahh he really pissed me of !!!

Sorry guys ...

"Libera created his piece by assembling Lego blocks into replicas of
death camp facilities,  photographing them and then using the photos to
adorn authentic-looking Lego cardboard packages, complete with the
disassembled pieces, the company logo and multi-language safety
warnings."

"The display is so unsettling in its playful simplicity that the Lego
Group, which sonsors Lego art contests and donates thousands of plastic
pieces to artists around the world, tried to persuade Libera to withdraw
it from public view. Only when lawyers became involved did the company
give up.

"It is a theme that is so sensitive to so many people in so many
countries," said Peter Ambeck-Madsen, Lego's director of public
relations at the company headquarters in Billund, Denmark. "If we had
known before what he was going to do, we never would have given him the
bricks. But we talked about it and decided [that] to make a big thing
about it now would only draw more attention."

-chris

Dejan

greg