 General / 30876
Re: Is this "a joke " ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:44:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dejan Pavlovic writes:
I was jsut surfing the web and here is what I found !?

http://users.erols.com/kennrice/lego-kz.htm

If you scroll down this link further, you can see articles which appeared in
newspapers regarding this issue, as well as statements from TLG.  Articles also
apeared in Harper's Magazine regarding the issue.

Christopher

...As far as it seems the whole thing was already discussed at R.T.L
two years ago or so ... but that's the time when I was still in my
dark age ...

So my question is - had Lego Company really  issued those sets or
is it just "a joke" or ...  that seems pretty much disturbing, not only for
Jews  ... who would want to have Auschwitz in his collection ???

I didn't have time to read the whole article, but from what I've seen
it was "created" by an artist who wanted to point out all the bad thigs taht
happened there ... but still why did Lego company issue those things ?
I'd never do it ! Although most of us here are grownups - Lego is a toy
- for kids - for playing ... so why Auschwitz ???

... Ah, my whole day today was pretty "bad" ... and now this ...

Dejan

Lugnet # 595
Brickbay: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Dejan969