 General / 30427
Re: A Question Regarding Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 04:27:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed writes:
I basically do the same as you, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!

Me too!

Some tell me that all Lego should be played with, though if I've only
got 1 of a set, I can't mix it with my collection... only duplicates of
a set get assimilated into the collective.

I can't bring myself to either unless I have duplicate sets!  I also feel
better knowing I'm not the only one.

I am finding something with this practice though... My piece count might
be high, though what I have to build with is low :( Though I still can't
bring myself to do it.. I don't know what I'm 'saving' these sets for
though..

I know exactly what you mean.  If I could bring myself to mix everything
together I bet I could build a lot more.  The awful thing is that I HAVE raided
a few of those "preserved" sets when I have been desperate for certain parts
and then forgotten which sets I've got them from-- so now I have no guarantee
that my complete sets really are complete!

Maggie C.

Jason Sutherland wrote:

If you have a set, do you keep all of it's pieces together and not use them
for other things, or do you just mix all the parts in with your other pieces
and know you have the set because you have the instructions?

Personally, I keep all my sets together(not built, but all the original
parts with each other) and build only with parts that are either from
duplicate sets or are pieces that I bought from Brickbay or something.
Perhaps this is a stupid thing to wonder, but I've always been curious what
others do.