 General / 30392
Re: Sanity Check, Please. (was: Old sets being sold in new guise?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 07:25:09 GMT

TLC has reissued a couple of old sets in new packaging and under new • set
numbers.

1. TLC WILL issue these sets in fall 2001.

My two bricks? Some guy in germany was cleaning out a warehouse somewhere
and finds some dozens of boxes of a couple of particular older sets that
didn't sell well (compared to other sets in those years). Atch! he says • what
will we do with them? Brighter manager says, oh! let's re-box them so they
look like new sets and send them out  to stores again.

2. My two bricks: Billund is located in Denmark. These sets will appear with
new set number and new box and reissued under the label "classic". This is
definitely no decision of a 3rd class Black Forest store manager, but will
be a new Lego line. Doesn't anyone remember the vivid discussions whether to
reissue old sets or not??
Here you are...... yes, I also do not understand why the decided to reissue
this awful pirate ship and not 6285 or 6286.... However, I bet if these sets
wil sell good enough, we'll see some more old sets sooner or
later............

So out they come, then some bright spark on the German forum finds out
('cause he's got an inside contact or something) then someone else makes a
deal to sell them through the forum and everyone is happy.

3. The webmaster of 1000steine.de runs his own Lego online shop and has
access to dealer information. These will definitely not be any exclusive
1000steine.sets, but will be sold at least all over Germany.

The upshot of all this? Limited Sets. Limited Availablity. Limited Time.
This is *NOT* the revolution.

So what do you want? Unlimited sets? Unlimited availability? Unlimited time?
Now THIS would be the final step towards bancruptcy.......

brickhead