 General / 30401
Re: Sanity Check, Please. (was: Old sets being sold in new guise?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 13:50:23 GMT

2. My two bricks: Billund is located in Denmark. These sets will appear • with
new set number and new box and reissued under the label "classic". This • is
definitely no decision of a 3rd class Black Forest store manager, but • will
be a new Lego line.

You seem very assertive about these statements, Arnold.  Does the • Brickhead
have inside information?  How do you know this is so?  I ask because if • you
are correct, the advent of this new line is momentous for both TLC and • AFOL
alike -- AND it is no small thing!

Well, I have read the news on 1000steine.de - when Réne announces that these
sets will be issued in fall I see no reason at all to be suspicious. As I
said, as a dealer he has information to the forthcoming releases. That's it.
These sets will be available in Germany (and I bet at least in the entire
EU) in autumn, that's for sure.

No, if what you say is true this is a huge and correct (in my estimation)
step in the right direction. If they would just cycle a handful of sets
every year that would satisfy most AFOL eventually.
It would have been
better to choose more beloved sets though...

That's right... if there's a pirate ship that is NOT regarded as "classic",
it's 6289.....

> A reissue "classic" line of products would be TOO COOL!!! It's one of the
things I have been wanting from TLC for a long time!

They really seem to listen....... unbelievable, but true.

This is HUGE news and the results could be amazingly amazing...!!!

Let's wait and see if you don't end up with a reissue of 6079 or the awful
witch swing.....

brickhead