 General / 30395
Re: Sanity Check, Please. (was: Old sets being sold in new guise?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 09:17:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Arnold Staniczek writes:
2. My two bricks: Billund is located in Denmark. These sets will appear with
new set number and new box and reissued under the label "classic". This is
definitely no decision of a 3rd class Black Forest store manager, but will
be a new Lego line.

You seem very assertive about these statements, Arnold.  Does the Brickhead
have inside information?  How do you know this is so?  I ask because if you
are correct, the advent of this new line is momentous for both TLC and AFOL
alike -- AND it is no small thing!

So what do you want? Unlimited sets? Unlimited availability? Unlimited time?
Now THIS would be the final step towards bancruptcy.......

No, if what you say is true this is a huge and correct (in my estimation)
step in the right direction. If they would just cycle a handful of sets
every year that would satisfy most AFOL eventually.  It would have been
better to choose more beloved sets though...

A reissue "classic" line of products would be TOO COOL!!! It's one of the
things I have been wanting from TLC for a long time! I nominate the
following sets in the following themes...

Castle: Guarded Inn, Yellow Castle (not for me, but for others), Knights
Procession, Maiden's Cart, Black Monarch's Castle, Forestmen's Crossing,
Camouflaged Outpost, Forestmen's River Fortress, Majisto's Magical Workshop,
Blacksmith Shop, Armor Shop, Black Knight

Space: Blacktron Renegade, Blacktron Battrax, Blacktron Message Intercept Base
(why bother with the inferior stuff), anything Unitron, Spy-bot (because I
feel sorry for it), Mega Core Magnetizer, and ALL of the Space Police I line
but especially Galactic Peace Keeper, Mission Commander, and the epic
SP-Striker

Pirate: Black Seas Barracuda, Skull's Eye Schooner, Eldorado Fortress,
Imperial Trading Post, Caribbean Clipper, etc.

Aquazone: Sub Mountain Crystal, Shark Scout

Town and Train must be covered by others more knowledgeable than myself.

This is HUGE news and the results could be amazingly amazing...!!!

-- Hop-Frog