 General / 30159
Re: If you were a Lego Model Builder, what would you make?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 23:22:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
http://shop.lego.com/ProductInfo.asp?product_number=3451

Nice.

But why a Swopwith Camel?

Not complaining, but just wondered why out of all the things they could have
done someone decided to make a sculpture of this.

Someone came into work one day and said, "I know, I will make a Swopwith
Camel".

Hardly top of the list of 'things to make from Lego' is it?

Makes you wonder whatever next.

If you were a Lego model builder, what would you make?

regards
lawrence

Great question, and since TLG has the resources to invent parts where there
was none brfore, I would like to see...Hmmm. Gotta think here, It's kind of
hard, but if I want something wierd I just build it. I don't worry about
what TLG is going to do. Aside from the sculptures and the Star Wars theme,
new set have been less than exciting in the last few years. sure I got all
the Life on Mars sets, but they were really only ok. I'd like some large
wheel/tire sets ala silver champion but with different rims and tires. I'd
like to build some old F1 cars with proper body work, but tires are a magor
crutch.

Really it doesn't seem to matter what they make, just so long as it's good
and it sells. I think the Camel is wonderful, and leads to many
possibilities. As far as I'm concerned, I get that and then I get to create
my own Fokker DR1 Triplane! It's not the model that's important, but the
ideas that is can spur on. Just browse Brickshelf and see what a wee bit of
spuring does!

GREG~
"Simple thoughts Simple mind"