 General / 29896
Re: Lego Bulk Set 3033 (in the UK)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:39:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bryan Beckwith writes:
One interesting thing I noticed about the blue tub today:  the lid is made
in the UK.

Bryan Beckwith

What!?!?!?  So the Tub that is for sale in the USA - but NOT in the UK - is
made in the UK!?!?!

Hmmm.  Actually, I have been told this before - a US contact said that the
lid had "Made in UK" embossed into it.  However, I have spoken to someone in
the UK who said that the UK Lego factory closed down a few years back!

So, you either have an old set, or they did not bother to change the moulds
when they transferred production to what I still suspect is Switzerland:

"Peter White writes < http://news.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=3076 > "The Blue
Tub sells for AU$69 (US$35) and is only available at Kmart. The BTs are
labelled as manufactured in Switzerland."

So, many many thanks for taking the trouble to look - much appreciated.

But unless you have evidence that the box is a recent prodcution (say,
recent copyright dates embossed or printed on the lid, or a 2001 Lego
catalogue in the UK-produced box), I guess I am still looking for the
information regarding where the box comes from.

However, it MAY be that all the Australian ones are made in Switzerland, and
the USA ones are made in the UK (and that the factory has not in fact
closed).  Or maybe it is _only_ the tub that is made in the UK.  But the
only way I shall find that out is if a few more folk open their 3033 tubs,
and read off the details.  Once I have THAT information, I will be one step
closer to getting 3033 into Europe - and the entire LUGnet population of
Europe will be extremely grateful!

Many thanks in advance

Robert

robert_spinks@hotmail.com