 General / 29174
    Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS" —Bryan Beckwith
   I thought the point wasn't to stop other brands from being called LEGOS, but to keep LEGO bricks from simply being called LEGOS. This makes sense for a company that wishes to be known for more than building blocks. TLC never intended for their (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS" —Dave Low
     (...) But why would the LEGO company want to release anything other than plastic building bricks? It's what they're good at. They have nothing like the same expertise in other product lines, which would surely distract company and consumer focus (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

         Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS" —Bryan Beckwith
     LEGO hasn't always been known for building blocks. IIRC the Ultimate LEGO Book says one of TLC's most successful product launches was a plastic tractor. TLC also (originally) made lots of wooden toys. I can only imagine that when the message was (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

         Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS" —Joel Jacobsen
     (...) Well.. there is a LEGO line of china/collectible mugs... I run into it all the time when I do a search on eBay for LEGO. They're sprinkled in between all of the "real" hits for LEGO Building Bricks (there! I did it! <G>). I don't know if said (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS" —William R. Ward
   (...) In general, trademarks are adjectives. If you use a trademark as a noun, you dilute the trademark. That's the general rule. That's why you always see something like "Chee-Toh(R) Brand Cheese Flavored Snack" rather than "Chee-Tohs". Same goes (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)