 General / 29152
Re: April Fools Day is coming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:06:01 GMT

I was thinking last year about an April Fool's joke, but never got the time for
it..... I have about 40 old worn and very discolored without glass (and totally
useless) classic windows/doors (all types except the 1x2x1 and the 1x1x1) that I
had spray painted black to exactly matching the black Lego color (I really did
spray paint them, and they look great!).  I was going to build a building with
all these black windows/doors and post a picture on the webpage.  I was going to
say that these were sold to me from some retired Danish gentleman that used to
work for LEGO.  He had these old black classic windows/doors in his possession,
and was going to say that these were prototypes (without glass) that were never
produced for the public (except of course for the 1x1x2 and 1x2x2 that actually
were found in a 1970's train set).  I was then going to reference Tore
Eriksson's website with the old 1960's Swedish advertisement of Lego lighting
bricks (in the picture one is not really sure if these are really black windows,
or just red windows with a "nighttime" look to them) and say that these were of
the same batch of windows that I purchased.  That was going to be my April
Fool's joke.  Unfortunately, I just didn't have the time.  But it might have
gotten some attention.

Well I may still use these windows, but for propoganda purposes for what it
would look like if LEGO Direct 1) sold classic windows again, and 2) sold them
in off colors as well.

Gary Istok

Dave Lovelace wrote:

In lugnet.general, Tim Strutt writes:
In lugnet.general, Alan Carmack writes:
May I ask what sordid and torrid april fool's jokes have been played on
lugnet in the past that generated this seemingly dictatorial and maternal
post?

Here's one that I planned on releasing onto unsuspecting eyes last year, but
didn't have the heart:

http://www.umop.com/pyrite.htm

It was a "scan" of a mysterious Danish catalog from 1983....complete with
two missing Space sets...heh heh.

--Dave (jot and jab)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx