 General / 28320
Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:47:39 GMT

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:G9JIv0.MJE@lugnet.com...

             I too feel that this is odd!

I remember when this thread first originated over '-2-' Years ago. (Before
Sat Feb 6, 1999) Back then, the debate over this issue was a 'large' one.
And even then! no response was given...

I've also read that others have offered gratis services to facilitate Lugnet
in the creation of this endeavor, and they too have been disregarded.

I just find it curious that over these past years with so much interest and
support that not even a dignified reply was made to satisfy the many
individuals who simply asked "why isn't this possible." We're not trying to
impose upon Suzan or Todd's site, it's just that unanswered questions tend
to continually resurface.

I've talked to Todd about this very issue in the past.  His answer to me was
that it was a server issue - eventually he told me he wants to get a separate
server and allow people to play with new developments for LUGNET on it, and that
he doesn't want that happening on the main (currently the only) machine.

(I am not speaking for Todd here, I'm just relaying what I recall being told.
I'm open for correction on this statement).

Still, please don't go getting upset about this.  LUGNET is not yours any more
than it is mine or the next guy's.  Todd and Suz founded it, and they can do
with it as they like.  I do feel there needs to be more communicatoin here (just
as I feel with LEGO Direct), and hopefully that will happen in the future.

-Tim