 General / 28272
Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 02:06:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Noeckel writes:

I think its great that Lugnet fans talk on ICQ and AOL Instant Messenger…

                          ~~~ B  U  T ~~~

Why is this option not available HERE within the confines of
Lugnet?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Because...there are more important things that need to get done to improve
LUGNET first, before adding a Chat feature can become a priority.  Note -
there are only two people working on the LUGNET server, and those two people
are kinda busy with it all. :)

I personally don't mind one bit that there isn't a chat feature, that's not
the primary purpose of LUGNET, and its not critical to keep LUGNET going.
There are other more important things that are being worked on to fulfill
the LUGNET plan than realtime chat.

I would like to see it on LUGNET someday, but I can wait until then.  AIM is
sufficient for me (often times more than sufficient, seeing the hours I
waste on it daily).

-Tim