 General / 27607
Re: Lego in the NY Times
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:59:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lopes writes:
In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lopes writes:

I don't know if any one is familiar with the Toy Fair in NY, but there are 2
versions. The first is at the Toy Building on 23rd & Fifth, then it moves to
the Jacob Javitts Convention Center on the West side.[snip]

I'm not exactly sure how you see Toy Fair that way, but that's not entirely
correct these days. The suites are open while Javitts runs. Buyers tend to see
the toymakers' booths on the show floor AND, assuming they've got an
appointment to discuss business, their suite in the Toy Building.[snip]

Ah, thanks for all that info! I was under the impression that the show
(booths etc) were in a room in the Toy Building, then moved to the Javitts
center.

Ah yes, ok. I can see how you would think so. The names of companies being at
two places, one opening before the other, etc.

But, I just realized the size of the Javitts Center compared to the
Toy building (area wise, not height :))

Considering that only some of the toy makers have suites, your theory still
could have held true. (If the show grew in size with the change in location.)

I was a production manager at the plant that prints the Toy Fair newspaper
you mentioned for 4 years, thats how I got the ID pass to get into Javitts.

Wow! that's neat.
So, just how far ahead do those get printed? I always did wonder.

Thanks for correcting me and giving us a better understanding of the show.

No problem. I only wish I were going this year so I could report back.

Others will though, I'm sure.
:-)

-Suz