 General / 27600
Re: Lego in the NY Times
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:12:07 GMT

The article says that Lego now
spends less than a third of the million dollars it used to spend in Toy Fair
displays and events.

I don't know if any one is familiar with the Toy Fair in NY, but there are 2
versions. The first is at the Toy Building on 23rd & Fifth, then it moves to
the Jacob Javitts Convention Center on the West side.

2 years ago (I think, maybe 3) I went to the Jacob Javitts Center version.
Everybody else was there (Mattel, PlayMobile, etc) But not Lego...?

They may have been at the Toy Building & then left at the end of that, but
I'm not sure.
The Toy building version is during the week & The Javitts Center version is
the on the weekend....(neither open to the public).

I was surprised not to see Lego there at any rate...

Jonathan