 General / 27605
Re: 'Appearances in the Media' is updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:45:23 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Many of the networks also showed the store owner (it was an indy not a
bigbox) saying "we're doing fine here, no recession evident", undercutting
Dubya's statements. Since it was a high end DC store and the FedGov is not
in recession (if you look at the number of pages of regulation issued),
that's not too surprising. :)

Tree Top Toys and Books in McLean, VA from cnn.com.  Not a very good
selection of LEGO from what I remember.  Neat store though.

-chris

ps.  for some reason I find it funny that Dubya gave a conference at a
Toy Store- I'm not sure why though.