 General / 27595
Re: 'Appearances in the Media' is updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:43:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher Tracey writes:
My page about LEGO appearances in the media has been updated thanks to
Phil Traviss.  http://www.lugnet.com/~163/movies/

If you have any comments, suggestions, or appearances please email me at
ctracey@enviroweb.org.

-chris

This doesn't exactly fit onto your list because it's incidental, but Dubya
was on TV Wednesday... he did a photo op at a local Washington DC toy store
arguing that the economy is hurting and that we need his tax cut. There was
a LEGO adventurers set in the background (and some Playmobil I think). It
made ALL the news shows.

Many of the networks also showed the store owner (it was an indy not a
bigbox) saying "we're doing fine here, no recession evident", undercutting
Dubya's statements. Since it was a high end DC store and the FedGov is not
in recession (if you look at the number of pages of regulation issued),
that's not too surprising. :)

__Lar